If you are thinking about starting an online business, there is no better place to start than selling digital products or ebooks. People can download them directly to their computer and you don’t have to worry about packaging and delivery as it’s all done for you.
It’s actually how I started making money online, and I still do have my own ebooks and make a very nice income doing so.
You basically have two options if you’d like to start an ebook business and this you either write the books yourself or you buy them from other people who will give you a licence to resell them so you can keep 100% of the profits.
There are pro’s and con’s of both methods which I’ll go over briefly.
Writing your own ebooks
- PRO: They will be totally original
- PRO: You can add your own affiliate links to get extra sales / commissions down the track
- PRO: You have full control over the content and delivery
- CON: Writing a whole ebook can be a struggle for some people
Buying ebooks and reselling them
- PRO: You can start selling them immediately without waiting
- PRO: You can have a whole library of different topics to appeal to different markets
- CON: You have no control (usually) of the content of the book
- CON: Other people will probably also be selling the same ebook as you
How Much Money Can You Make Selling Ebooks?
The potential is HUGE. There are online entrepreneurs who make well in excess of six figures online just by writing and selling ebooks, listing them on clickbank, getting a bunch of affiliates to help promote them and sit back while the money rolls in.
All you need is to write ebooks in popular niches (they don’t even really need to be that original – how many ‘different’ make money online ebooks out there do you know – most of them just rehash the same information over and over again).
And of course a website to set the sales process up and it runs on autopilot. It really is the easiest way to make money online.